Apple Company Information
Apple Inc company detailed information and history
- Origin Country – United States
- Founder – Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne
- Registered India – Yes
- Manufacturing in India – Yes – Very Few products, via Third Party Manufacturers
- Founded – 1 April 1976
- Trust Point – 95/100
- Sectors – Consumer electronics and Software, Financial, AI, Media
Apple is one of the biggest company in the US Information Technology industry, along with Google, Amazon, Microsoft, and Facebook, also listed in US share market. Apple is multinational company which headquarter is in Cupertino, California. The founder of apple was Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne, though Wayne sold his share back within 12 days of founding.
Apple was started in 1976 with in the one garage room, now apple company is one of the largest multinational company. Jobs and Wozniak hired a staff of computer engineers and had a production line starting in Jobs garage room. Apple went public in 1980 to instant financial success. Steve Jobs had to sell his Volkswagen Bus for $1,500 and Woznaik had to sell his Hewlett Packard calculator for $500 to raise the initial capital for the company.
Steve Jobs came to India in his adolescents (mid 1974) years in search of spiritual enlightenment pleasure with Neem Karol Baba Ashram. He was highly disappointed when he returned but the trip to India mark a turning point in Steve’s life. During his trip, he also retained a lifelong admiration and lessons from Mahatma Gandhi. Jobs said that during his journey to India he realized that Thomas Edison did a lot more to improve the world than Karl Marx and Neem Karoli Baba (the guru he was seeking, who died in September 1973) put together.
The first iPhone was released on 29 June, 2007. It was the first generation and GSM phone. It took 3 years for apple to develop this phone. It began in 2004 with a team of 1000 employees and the project was called the ‘Project Purple‘. Their operating system called as iOS.
In India there is no offline store right now but expected in 2021 as per Job’s Interview. In India apple sells product through offline retail chain indiaistore and online giants like Amazon, Flipkart, TataCliq.
Apple is world’s third largest mobile selling company after 1.Samsung and 2.Huawei. They are also on top position for Computer and Tablets devices. Apple worldwide annual revenue totaled $274.5 billion for the 2020 year. Apple is the world’s largest technology company by revenue.
Currently, Apple contracts with manufacturers, Foxconn and Wistron, for production of its smartphones and other products in India. The reports suggest that the company will use these contractors to produce upto $40 billion worth of smartphones in India, mostly for export purposes only. Currently they are producing iphone 7 and iphone XR in India.
Some Unknown Facts about Apple
- Steve Jobs had to sell his Volkswagen Bus for $1,500 and Woznaik had to sell his Hewlett Packard calculator for $500 to raise the initial capital for the company.
- The name of Apple Inc comes from Steve Jobs’ love for the fruit. it was just the fruit that Steve liked and named the company after that.
- Apple is too much successful that it has twice the amount as the U.S. Treasury
- Apple has patent for the slide to unlock feature.
- Apple have unique warranty void exception that is, If you smoke while using an Apple computer, you void the warranty.
- Apple was called Apple Computer, for the first 30 years. In 2007 that the name was changed to Apple Inc. to indicate the company’s expansion in all electronic market.
- Everything you say to Siri will be sent to Apple server which is analyzed and stored for future developments.
Apple Inc list of Subsidiaries
- Braeburn Capital
- Beats Electronics
- Apple Energy, LLC
- Apple Sales International
- Apple Services
- Apple Worldwide Video
- Beddit etc.
Question and Answers about Apple
Is Apple an Indian product?
No, It’s American company, Also they never manufactures mobiles in India except few models via third party manufacturers.
Who is the owner of Apple company?
The owner of Apple is Steve Jobs whereas the CEO is Team Cook. Apple Board of Directors announced that Steve Jobs has resigned as Chief Executive from the company.
Which iPhone is best in low price?
iPhone 12 mini and SE are the hot selling mobiles from this company in Indian market.
Why is iPhone so expensive?
Apple’s brand and reputation allow it to charge a premium for its high-end products. Also in India import fees are also higher that’s why they are trying manufacturing unit in India. Also adding memory or storage to these products increases the cost even more.